Manager of Operations and People
If you live for organization, identify as a do-er, and flexibility, variety, and entrepreneurism are important to you… Keep on reading! Are you an experienced operations manager looking for a rewarding and dynamic team leadership role? Do you have the ability to manage short-term and long-term projects with a team of quick-thinking accountants who love enabling owner-operators? If so, we may have just what you’re looking for! In this highly impactful, hands-on role, you will help shape the functionality and efficiency of a small team so that it’s poised to thrive and grow.
Based in NYC, Quant Solutions (QS) offers small businesses full-service, long-term financial operations, and cash-management advisory services. Quant Solutions is not your typical bookkeeping/accounting firm! As a professional services firm, we offer customized accounting support for our clients. We provide consultation first in order to custom-design a plan to fit each client’s specific needs. We then follow it up with ongoing advisory services to help keep you on track as your company grows.
Specializing in the creative industries, our current client list includes everything from wholesale/e-commerce companies to interior designers, consultants, progressive non-profits, and independent filmmakers.
Manager of Operations & People
The nature of this role handles all operations and People functions of the company. It is designed to ensure QS is able to onboard new clients and support the organization’s growth accordingly. The primary objective of this role is to support the clients by managing all team resources. While the Principle focuses on sales and the Account Managers and Financial Operations Associates focus on the services provided to the clients, this role will work with both parties to ensure QS is functioning efficiently and can grow in new and exciting directions, working with more clients and expanding its services.
This role is hybrid but is required to work in QS’s Midtown East office 3 days/week.
- Manage Account Managers to balance workflow by aligning client’s needs with team member expertise and capacity through weekly meetings and our task management software
- Operate Accelo, QS’s task management and billing system, to create project retainers, assign tasks to team members, and bill clients on hourly and retainer bases
- Proactively identify client and company issues, communicate and implement timely solutions
- Meet regularly with Principle on the changing needs of clients depending on their financial operations needs and budgetary parameters
- Maintain the organizational budget under direction of Principle
- Work with Principle on special projects as assigned
- Facilitate all hiring and employee onboarding
- Support Employees growth and development within the organization
- Implement and conduct performance reviews under the direction of the Principle
- Process company payroll and manage employee benefits
- BA or BS required
- 3-5 years of work experience directly related to operations, project and personnel management, and HR
- Track record of managing multiple, complex projects at the same time, fluency with Gantt charts, workflow tracking systems, and project management software
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. We want someone who is experienced with management who can juggle a multitude of working styles and provide support and feedback to suit the need and individual. We want someone with the capability to gain the confidence and respect of their team members without needing to be hand-held or requiring supervision.
- Strong writer and communicator, and excellent listener
- Smart, creative thinker, problem-solver and fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Advanced Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Experience in Quickbooks and financial operations is a plus
If you are a smart, creative, problem-solver with excellent communication skills and a passion for helping small businesses succeed, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Join our team and help us expand our services and grow to new heights!
Compensation: $70,000 to $85,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include 50% of health care, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Highly flexible vacation and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org